Lately I've been drowning myself with projects to keep me busy and distract me. One of them was this wreath. It took 3 days to make! I think it's probably because I got super cheap cotton fabric that was quite difficult to ruffle and then it would fray everywhere so I had to do a lot of trimming on top of what the tutorial said. However, I'm pleased with it. Actually, I love it.
James also helped me make Valentines. I got the idea off of pinterest...I love pinterest. Anyway, after I had finished painting his hands I got distracted (doing what I don't know) and when I turned back to look at him he was completely covered in red paint (face, arms, chest..). I nearly freaked out but he said so sweetly, "look, Mommy! I'm like Iron Man!" And then I promptly bathed him.
| Paul got me these the day before. I LOVED them. |
| How cute is he? |
For play school I printed out this preschool pack to do with James. He absolutely LOVED it (of course, he absolutely loves all the "school" stuff we do together).
Because it was a week night and Paul didn't get home until 9 pm, I decided we'd go low-key. I cut hearts out of pepperoni and made some homemade pizza. I also made Paul a strawberry chiffon pie (because Paul loves pie). Then I blew up the air mattress and brought out our blankets and pillows and we watched Lady and the Tramp. I put these little gift bags together for Paul and James:
| James' bag |
| Paul's bag |
Whenever I read other people talking all mushy about their spouses I sort of get squeamish...and sort of jealous at the same time because we don't do mush. I didn't marry Mr. Darcy. I know, shocker! When I see women comparing their men to Mr.Darcy I don't believe them. I don't think Mr. Darcy would pass gas in bed or watch football all day or leave his dirty underwear on the bathroom floor. It's called fiction for a reason.
It was in the midst of my miscarriage that I realized just how unimportant mush is. Paul took off nearly a week from work. He cooked. He cleaned. He went to the store in the middle of the night to get some medicine because I was miserable and constipated (I know, I know, TMI, but it's a harsh reality of my recovery and it sucked) and he came back with medicine and some fiber drink mixes and a watermelon. He knows me. He knows what I like and he thinks about me all the time. He cares for our son. He's always ready to use his priesthood if we need it.
He may not write me fluffy love letters or stand in the rain and gush, but the man is a fantastic husband and I love him.
I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day!

No comments:
Post a Comment