We have been truly blessed this week. We had been very stressed out about the job situation, school standing, and James' health. We have truly felt the prayers of our family and friends. On Sunday our home teacher came over and gave Paul a blessing. It really eased our minds and helped to prepare us for the week.
James had his ultrasound on Monday. The Radiologist knew right away that everything was ok. That right there was stress relieving. I don't know what I would have done had something been really wrong. Poor little kid didn't enjoy the ultrasound AT ALL. He screamed and carried on. Holding a 20 pound squirmy baby in place for 10 minutes is harder than you might think! At that point I tried not to be stressed about the other things (although this was difficult also).
The test that Paul had been studying for was hard, but he got a 92! After his test he went to his second interview. He came out feeling confident. The interviewer told him that out of the 120 applicants for the job it came down to him and one other guy and that we would know within 24 hours if he got the job.
This afternoon we were just about to take a nap to take our minds off of the job situation when his phone rang. He got the job!! We have been so blessed this week it's unbelievable. This job comes with full state benefits and will pay for tuition for us both (at UVU so I'll be doing some classes there and transferring them to BYU...hey, it's FREE). I'm so happy and relieved tonight. I feel like we've been so stressed out lately and now that things have calmed down we're emotionally exhausted. Nothing like a great Thanksgiving weekend to get some much needed rest and relaxation!
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is so good to hear your awesome news! What great blessings. I'm glad things are going well and looking up. :)
Congrats on the job! And also that James is fine. You are such an inspiration to me! Thanks for your enthusiasm, your gratitude and your advice!
Post a Comment