
This time of year I always try to remember why we are really celebrating. This year I've reached this new found understanding of just how big of a deal it was that God gave up his Son to redeem us all. I always knew it, but I've had a major A-HA! moment. I just can't imagine being strong enough to do that. I've also been thinking of Mary, the mother of Christ. What a strong woman she must have been. To be able to raise the Son of God and then to have watched as he was tortured and crucified. I can't imagine being that strong. This has all been in the back of my mind as we've set up our tree and prepared for Christmas festivities. I am grateful for my Savior and for His sacrifice.
That being said, we are completely ready for the holiday! My Christmas shopping is done and the presents are wrapped and under the tree! James loves Christmas, although he isn't fond of the cold weather. I'm sure next year will be different when he can play in the snow. I've always loved Christmas, but now that we have James it's just so much more meaningful and FUN!


No comments:
Post a Comment